Monday

One Thing

One of those days when I felt so far away from God and He seemed to be even farther away from me, I cried out and asked Him to show me One Thing, just One Thing. Not really expecting an answer, I opened the Bible and it fell open to Psalms 27 and my eyes locked on Psalm 27:4 One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple.
To say the least, my spirit was renewed.

I am fascinated with the power of the One Thing. As I look about my house and see all the chores that need to be done, and then to finish my book, and….The list goes on. Usually, I throw in the towel and surf the channels. Toooooo much to do.

And then the wisdom from The One True God seeps into my spirit and makes its way to my brain. Do one thing at a time. I can’t do it all at once, and I’m not expected to. But one thing at a time, I can knock away that list of things to do. One sentence at a time I can finish that book.

The power of the One Thing.

Check in and see what other One things I find in God's Word.

1 comment:

Carla Gade said...

Thanks for the inspiration to focus on that one thing!