Tuesday

Obama -- Moses or Pharoah?

Months before the November election last year, the Lord told me Obama was the man. Not words I wanted to hear, but who knows better than God? For the last four months, the United States has been under the authority of President Obama. Like it or not, the man is president.
But the Lord had gone on to tell me to pray for Obama, whether I liked it or not. He is God’s chosen vessel for this time. The Word of God tells us that the Lord holds the heart of the leaders in His hand. Proverbs 21:1 We would be wise to recognize this.
I believe that the decision has not been made as to which leader we will see. Obama can be either a Moses that leads our nation back to the Lord and away from the immoral abyss, or he can be a Pharaoh intent on the destruction of God’s people.
The decision is up to God’s people. As the Word says in 2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.KJV
I have sinned and not prayed for the man as I should. I repent, here and now, and ask in Jesus Name that Obama would be saturated in the truth of the Lord’s Word. That Obama’s heart would be turned toward God. And that the Christians of this nation would humble themselves and forsake the ways of the world.
Church—we can speak Obama into Pharaoh or pray him into Moses. The choice is ours.

4 comments:

Dawn Michelle Michals said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn Michelle Michals said...

We, as God's children, have the power of His Word. President Obama needs us in this time to cover him and our nation in prayer. Our prayers are crucial to the outcome of our country. Please, be on your knees, everyone. God needs us, our nation needs us, and our president needs us.

Thank you so much, Patty, for blogging.

To be used by Him,

Dawn Michelle Michals

Fliterary said...

Good points, Patti. I'm praying for Obama and our country.

Margo Carmichael said...

Yes. If we want our country healed, we, His people, need to learn what God wants and do it, and turn from what He doesn't want. "So that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe."
Philippians 2:15

Easier said than done, but He says it, so it's possible.

Thank you for sharing that. Yes, we must pray for our leaders.