Tuesday

Write On and Keeping Out of Trouble


This is the latest book I'm writing. Along with a few others. I'm  having fun writing all the stories on my schedule. And it's a good thing because I have a lot of stories to write.

Years ago, the Lord told me to sit down, write your stories, and stay out of trouble.

I have tried to abide with that word.  And as I look out at the digital landscape of twitter and fb, I can see why the Lord gave me this word.

There is drama to the right and hate to the left. Reason is out and feelings are in. And I don't want to get caught up in the middle. So I am writing and writing and writing.

These times we are in, remind me of the Rudyard Kipling poem IF.  If you can keep your head  

So I came up with some things to help me keep my head and keep me on track. And I went to God's Word for help.

First, There is nothing new under the sun.  The Poem IF was written in 1895 over a 125 years ago. Things have always been crazy.

2.  Philippians 4 (KJV) tells us what to think on.
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
3. And then go to the Great Commandments given by Jesus  in Matt 22 35-40. “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  
I don't know about you, but that is enough to keep me busy and out of trouble. My word for this year is love. And as you know, that's not easy when words are flying and people are angry. 
I hope you all have a wonderful year and can keep your head in these turbulent times. 
Blessings
Patricia PacJac Carroll 




No comments: