Thursday

$$$ Money Matters

Money~ Money~ Money

Yes, we have all heard how money is bad. The root of all evil many would say. However, the truth of scripture actually says: 

1 Timothy 6:10 (KJV)
10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: ...

Money, in itself, is no more evil than the things you can purchase with it. Food, cars, candy, etc.
But it is the love of money that corrupts. And that wayward love and idolization of money can infect rich and poor alike.

But money does matter. I write books with the hope of making money to pay bills and some day set my husband free to retire from working at WalMart. 

In truth, money is a great motivator. I have to admit that even though I write for the Lord, if I had more money than I knew what to do with, I'm not sure how much I would actually write.


Money, and the need for it, drives most of us to work. We need it. Would be nice if it wasn't so, but the world we live in demands it. Money is the grease that keeps the world and most of us going.

So use your money wisely, recognizing that it is but a tool for the world we live in. 



No comments: